I thought I might start a new category of posts, in which I focus on a fellow blogger and maybe a recent post they have done that I particularly like. Heh, typing that makes me think of the QOTD posts, though for those I usually focus on a specific statement that may not be part of a blog. Any posts of this sort will be tagged "Spotlight."
@BigMikeyOcho of Casual Aggro, posts interesting thoughts on MMOs and players. That he has similar tastes and playstyle to my own helps a lot in my opinion of his opinions. ><
Yesterday, Ocho posted about the elements he feels make up a good Foundry Mission (player designed) in STO:
- Story: Has to frame the actions of the Player Character well. Provide sufficient motivation (besides game rewards).
- Balance Not too much talky, not too much action.
- Believability The actions of the PC should not conflict with the Player's concept of the Character.
- Detail The environment of the mission should fit the story. Also, proofread! Then proofread again! Then have someone else proofread!
- Time The length of the mission should be commensurate with the reward. Not too long, nor too short.
Anyway, Ocho has a great natural voice as he writes. I enjoy reading his posts about the various aspects of games he is currently playing. Check out his stuff over at Casual Aggro.