Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Damn Lucky


MMOs are, of course, far easier and more enjoyable when you have a steady partner to play with, and there is nothing steadier than having your partner in the game be your partner in life, as well. Scooter has been a fixture on this blog practically since we met almost five years ago. [No, it's been almost six. ~Scooter] When we first started dating, I curtailed my MMO habit quite a bit, though I didn't quit entirely. 'Twas in the last days of WotLK, just before Cataclysm dropped, and there were still a few things I wanted to accomplish. It was early December before she asked me if she could try playing WoW on my account. I would say I created a monster, but she already had the gaming bug from her youth playing D&D. She'd left off gaming to raise three wonderful kids (other than kicking their butts on the Nintendo), but returned to a new era of online fun. I still tend to play more than she does, but usually due to differing office hours rather than lack of interest. But it is cool that Scooter enthusiastically shares my interest in adventures both in virtual worlds and in the real world. Just yesterday, we went to the supermarket on a weekend afternoon, and had a house full of family. I am damn lucky.
~~~~~~~~
Creative Commons License
This article from I Have Touched the Sky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If you repost part or all of the work (for non-commercial purposes), please cite me as the author and include a link back to the blog.

Scooter proofreads almost all my articles before I post them, for which I am very grateful. However, any mistakes are mine and mine alone (unless otherwise noted). If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment