Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Some Answers for my Questions


So Sweet, a Trion dev, posted about the upcoming changes to various souls, including the Bard and Chloromancer, which concerned me the most, and I am satisfied with the answers. I had been worried about the potentially powerful buffs of the Bard being squandered on a single party in a public group rift event. But as far as I can tell, the buffs are still raid wide, just the healing is not. That's OK. Sweet also referred to the healing as smart AOE; so, while not as many people will be healed, those that do need it should be covered.

I feel I should point out that none of my concerns would have been enough to stop playing the game. I hope the dev team continues to monitor the viability of every soul so that player can maximize our enjoyment of the game. Balance is very complicated and overbalanced characters can lead to underbalanced characters potentially being shut out of certain gameplay.

Thanks to Elementalistly for tracking this issue.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you. A lot of my concerns have been alleviated. But, is it too little too late?

    Charts next week will be the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all this class nerf whining all I see is YouTube baby! They are geniuses in marketing.

    ReplyDelete