Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

NBI QOTD: But I Put In So Much Effort! :\

From Bio Break's NBI Tip of the Day:
It’s a weird maxim that the posts you spend tons of time writing will sometimes get few views while the ones you shoot off in a couple minutes end up being your big hits.
I spent four hours on that post!
I have found this to frequently be the case. Certainly one of my longest posts, one I spent a ton of time on, got relatively few views and no comments. Granted, it was not gaming related. On the other hand, many of my most popular posts, based on hits, are simply from people mining the blog for pictures. I'm OK with that.

If you are writing to have an audience, you are going to be disappointed. Obviously you are writing a blog so people can read it, otherwise it could be an offline diary. But people will not always share your passions, even if they share your interests. Be happy when something you have written strikes a chord, even when for you it was a toss-away post.

Kinda like this one.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, I love the last sentence of this post, brilliant. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely agree with you and say the same and in my experience its true that the post you often put the most heart and time into will usually go uncommented on. I guess they just maybe leave people thinking….. thinking…. well maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange phenomenon. I'll bet there are plenty of posts I work hard on that get plenty of comments. But it's the ones I put a lot thought into that don't get a response that stand out in my mind.

      Delete