Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Opinions Are Like . . . The Newbie Blogger Initiative

You know the saying about opinions?

How everyone has one? And some . . .? I bet you have one, maybe several. Maybe you game. (If you don't, what are you doing here?) Maybe you've read some blogs or gaming news sites and thought to yourself, "That author is a complete moron. He or she doesn't even understand the pure awesome that is my favorite game. I could have done a much better article."

Prove it.

Syp, of Massively and Biobreak fame, has organized the Newbie Blogger Initiative as a way for a few (OK, quite a few) veteran bloggers to help out and encourage any fledgling bloggers out there who may be teetering on the brink, not sure whether they can or should really take the plunge in this exciting aspect of the online community. Whether you focus on only one favorite game, or have a dozen you are interested in discussing—or even only occasionally touch on gaming amongst many other interests in your life—now is the time to jump onto your own soapbox.
The Mouse is mighter than the Dragon. © Moran 2012
When I started blogging a little over two years ago, I had no idea if I would even have any readers, much less thousands. I still don't have thousands of readers, but that is not important. What is important is that I found a community of folks with common interests. We are not all like-minded; in fact, we often disagree vehemently. Hopefully, the discussion stays civil. Some of us write stories, some provide gaming guides, some offer commentary on games and gaming news. Some do a little of everything.

I have never met some of my best friends.

Throughout the month of May, my fellow bloggers and I will be offering advice and encouragement through posts and the forums. Head on over to the NBI forums and introduce yourself. We are here to help. If you are a veteran blogger with advice to give, we need you, too. Come be a sponsor. The forums are a way to organize the effort, but we'll mainly be posting on our own blogs for public consumption.

Sponsors participating as of this post:

Long list, huh? Syp is keeping a running tally of sponsor posts here.

Thanks to Greg "Rackham" Moran, author of The Jedi Gambit, for the most excellent NBI banner. And a special thanks again to Syp, both for organizing this month-long event, and for inviting me to help out. I am truly honored to be included in such company.

No comments:

Post a Comment