Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Monday, April 6, 2015

Developer Appreciation Week 2015 Recap

Whew! This weekend was interesting! I planned to post this on Saturday, but spent much of the day at the Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary, not returning home until about 10 pm. Then yesterday, I cut off a chunk of my thumb (It's just a flesh wound!) while cutting spuds for Scooter's delicious homemade potatoes au gratin, so the post didn't done on Easter either. Let's call it Developer Appreciation Tenday, and make this Roundup Monday, so here it is. Let me quote Stargrace:
[T]his fine balancing act of giving players what they want, what is best for the game, what can be done with the time and funds available, and every other factor that comes into it is probably one of the most difficult things to do. They need to be able to look at an issue from many different sides and then choose the best course of action.
~Stargrace, MmoQuests
Like Bhagpuss said in his post, I don't think games developers are rock stars. They are just teams of people working hard to make our lives a little more fun. And I applaud them for it. Here are the participating posts that I am aware of (besides my own) in approximately the order they appeared:
Thank you to all who participated. I know a couple of my tweets got favorited by the community teams of the relevant games, so they are being seen. I hope everyone reads these and gets a warm fuzzy. That concludes the lovefest of Developer Appreciation Week. Please don't go back to your regularly scheduled rants.
~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

6 comments:

  1. Great list of writers. Was a great year for spreading the love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. We appreciate your work, too. If not for you, there would be to DAW.

      Delete
  2. It was great fun to participate in this, albeit on the last day, haha. I loved reading everyone elses, and I'm looking forward to next year, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff organizing this. I loved reading all these. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting one of your own. :D They are all pretty awesome, especially in the face of so much cynicism on the internet.

      Delete