Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 13 - In Which I Discuss Some People I Admire

This one seems a bit shallow to me. The original says "People (players/bloggers) that you admire." I don't really admire people for in-game achievements, or blogging either. When it comes right down to it, neither is really an admirable pursuit, per se.

I do kind of admire the folks who diligently run guilds in the various games I play. People like Ryan and Maric of the Republic Mercy/Imperial Mercenary Corps in SWTOR spend a significant amount of personal time making sure other players have opportunities to have have fun as a group. Plus, they have to ride herd on a diverse group of personalities and put up with a lot of drama. Other people I want single out in this regard are the guildmistress of my old WoW guild, Mutiny (Uldum), Peeplett/Bigboned--a lovely woman and a great guild--and Elementlistly, the guildmaster of Simple Complexities (Estrael) in Rift.
Now who is really admirable to me? The soldiers that I work with on a regular basis. They put up with a lot of crap in an effort to keep the rest of us safe, usually without getting much appreciation from the general public or their own superiors. The press often focuses on a few bad apples that really ruin the reputation of the hard-working, low-paid, frequently-in-serious-danger men and women of the Armed Forces. If you are a current service member or a veteran, you have my thanks.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me cry, that's all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally concur, soldiers completely deserve our admiration.

    ReplyDelete