Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Weeping, Wailing, and Mashing of Keys

So maybe it was me, but I don't remember seeing any "pre-patch downloading" on Age of Conan over the couple weeks before I left hot, sunny Texas for cool, rainy Germany. Since then I've tried a couple times to download the patch associated with AoC's recent expansion "Rise of the God Slayer." The problem is, even though the hotel I am staying in has an excellent internet connection, the "Ticket" has to be renewed every 500MB or 24 Hours, whichever comes first. This week I have tried to download the patch several times, but the break in the connection forces it to start over from scratch; no starting from where I left off like most download managers I have used.

I am glad I did not purchase/download the actual expansion yet, which would have been even more headache. Frustrating to say the least. I'm not blaming Funcom  . . . exactly. But it means I can't even log on to play with Chami, right when a bunch of online pals are starting and leveling new alts. Guess I'll have to wait. :c

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, we'll still be here waiting for you when you return! :) I'm taking it sort of slow anyway, and think of it this way...when you return, you'll have plenty of higher level friends helping you out with group quests and dungeons! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! I've only just hit level 20, and I'm going to take some time out to do the resource gathering quests - if we're making a guild city, someone has to gather resources!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're not going anywhere, we'll be in Hyboria when your up and running. Tortage is mainly solo anyway.

    ReplyDelete