Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 6 - In Which I Share a Little About My Workplace

So this is my current workplace/desk. Exciting right. Welcome to life on the road. I kind of wish I'd planned ahead. I'd have gotten a picture of my office desk. It's pretty cool actually. There is a fitness enthusiast at work who requested our facilities guy raise his desk somehow, for which he produced a set of riser boxes. Having, at the time, recently read a few articles stating basically that sitting for 8-hour days is killing us, when I saw it, I asked if I could have that, too. So since October, I stand at my desk, which is about 4.5 feet (137 centimeters) tall. My desk also has more papers and a bunch of Lego Star Wars figures and mini-ships, from the advent calendar they put out this last Christmas (which I got half off after the holidays). And a laptop and peripherals, of course. I'll get a picture of it when I get back (if I remember) and post it here.

Right now I am on the road, teaching. It's been exhausting, more so than most of my trips. But the weekend is only a day away. :D

3 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to make my workspace a standing desk. How long did it take you to get used to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually did not take that long to get used to. A couple weeks after getting it, I was on a business trip and much preferred standing to the hard folding chairs that were provided. My knee does sometimes bother me, but I think it's because I am stressing it by not standing properly. Overall it's been a great move.

      Delete
    2. That's an intriguing idea. I think I'd like to try it....

      Delete