Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 7 - In Which I Relate the Reason Behind My Blog’s Name

I Have Touched the Sky -- from the Classic Trek episode "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky."

I disliked the title of my first, WoW-focused blog: "Rowanblaze Saves Azeroth." But I wanted to continue the pattern of (very) short fiction and occasional reporting/commentary of my game experiences in Star Trek Online. Fortunately, I had a much better idea for the title, IMHO. There's not a ton of meaning behind it other than its poeticism and relation to Star Trek. Much like River created High Latency Life when he realized he might want to blog about something other than WoW, I quickly realized that splitting my posts over various blogs might split any potential audience. And what if I decided to started playing another game? Start a third blog?

So I consolidated the blogs I had already, and kept the name I liked better. While it is a direct Star Trek reference, it is not so specific as to include the name of any World I may choose to escape to. By the way, I have touched the sky in Azeroth. My Snowy Gryphon didn't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment