Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Life Goes On

So it's been a couple weeks. How've you been, Dear Reader? On this trip I just returned from, I was doing a lot of technical writing during the day, so when I would get back to the hotel in the evening, writing a post was the last thing I wanted to do. Days stretch into weeks, and suddenly it's been half a month since I've posted. Add to that the funk I (and several other folks in my circle) have been in since the untimely passing of our friend, River, and writing just hasn't been high on my priority list. I urge you to listen to Scary's last PastCast podcast which features River. If you don't have 17 minutes to spare, Scary has a recap.

Considering we never met, and I was never sure of his true position on certain topics, Mr. Cavelle apparently made a huge impact on me. In retrospect, I wonder how much he knew. A couple of his latest posts were . . . wistful. They demonstrated that he was rethinking some things about his life, his youth. I have things I regret about my youth: mistakes I made, the way I treated some people that didn't deserve it. People I will never be able to apologize to. Hell, I am still making such mistakes. I can only hope I get better.
However, life goes on for the rest of us, I suppose. Belghast is playing the Warlords of Draenor alpha (among other things) in Honor of River. I even have a Wildstar character I named for him. I'm still playing Wildstar with my beloved bride and loving it.

And Scary is embarking on a writing project with his 10-year-old son. A summer NaNoWriMo event seems in the offing, though I am not sure of the details or whether Scary's efforts are part of it. I for one am looking forward to reading his collaboration.
~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were hiding lately, good to see you back Rowan! :) I hope you enjoyed the latest BB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Can't wait to hear the listeners' choice episodes. It was funny, Syp's absence post made me realize it had actually been a while since I had posted, myself.

      Delete
  2. You have been rather quiet, but its nothing we haven't all been through before! I felt River's loss, not because I knew him, but because having been through the loss of a good internet friend last year, I know the grief and pain all of you experienced was very real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, just an FYI, the highlatencylife.com domain name expired, so the links are dead. The blog itself is still up though, obviously.

      Delete
    2. Hmm. What is the appropriate domain now?

      Part of the reason I've been quiet is lack of activity and inspiration. I'm not quite ready to make this a slice of life blog, but I haven't been playing much of anything, even games that I like.

      Delete