Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Minor Annoyance

There is one thing, OK two things, I wish Cryptic would fix about Bridge/Spacedock.

1. Fix the chairs. I shouldn't have to fiddle with my position for 5 minutes in order to look right while seated. In WoW, you click on the chair and the game seats you. Granted there is little variation at that point. But I'd like to have my cake and eat it, too.
















2. Fix the camera please. This may only apply to a few of us who take a lot of screenshots. But it would be nice to take a picture from the floor. This situation is made worse when my Captains are seated, because the camera stays trained on where their heads would be if they were standing. Along that line, a full first person view would be nice; but I guess I am spoiled by WOW, AoC, and even LOTRO allowing for FP views. It would make taking screenshots of interesting things a lot easier without my Captain's big noggin in the way.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I would love to see all of the chairs made clickable so you don't have to position yourself and do an emote. While we're wishing, they should really adjust the sitting postures because most of my bridge crew either hover above their chairs or sit on the edge of them.

    The camera angle when trying to take a screenshot is a pain too, I would like to be able to modify the height of the camera somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reaction to the first screenshot - What the flux? Moments like that just shouldn't happen! Fix it, Cryptic :D

    While I love being able to sit on my control panels and such, having the chairs programmed so that I sit in it the right way every time with a simple click of a button would be very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first shot, Rowan had been standing on the back of the chair, a little behind, actually. I decided the lounge pose would be the best illustration of my point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to their Engineering Reports, this is on the dev's agenda to fix!

    ReplyDelete