Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Dear Mrs. Santa


Dear Mrs. Clause,

So River tells me you have some special goodies for me, all I have to do is ask. I've been reeaaallly good this year; but when I'm bad I'm better, just ask Sctrz. Some of this is pretty "World Peace" level stuff, IYKWIM, but some of it is doable. Much like you, if River is to be believed. ;)

  1. Stop people from whinging over SWTOR. It is what it is. Enjoy it or GTFO.
  2. I wants me some GW2, ASAP. I am so looking forward to the end of the unholy trinity, and trying some real online roleplaying.
  3. Speaking of Roleplaying, are we ever going to get a Firefly MMO? I so wanna be Malcolm Reynolds. He's the big reason I plan to role a Gunslinging Smuggler in SWTOR. (I promise not to cross IPs, though.)
  4. When is someone going to invent the Holodeck? We'd all be in better shape if we were actually jumping around killing imaginary dragons, instead of pushing buttons on a keyboard or gamepad.
  5. As long as we're in pure fantasy territory, can you get me a (well-paying) job spewing my worthless opinion in the internet? My day-job is not fulfilling, though I am grateful for it.
Thanks in advance. I hear MMOGC, Stargrace, Scopique, and Syp might have some items on their lists, as well.

Sincerely,
Rowan

5 comments:

  1. Unknown Christmas Wish #6: Your internet buddy AyAitch is back -- just under another screenname, and with a new blog! WHAT CAN I SAY, I LIKE NEW BEGINNINGS

    But yeah, I'm a little tired of all of the... tension... surrounding TOR. I mean, people are totally welcome to their own opinions, come on! TOR is Star Wars + WoW, I get it.

    Fortunately for me, I've played like... one week of WoW in my life. Which means I am golden for TOR's launch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the Information Superhighway, "Nebel." Unfortunately we're currently in a traffic jam. Not enough information, too much opinion masquerading as such. I loved your Adventure Historian/Combat Archaeologist persona. Why the change, other than "newbeginnings"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to keep calling my AyAitch. It's just that sometimes, I no longer feel like a certain internet moniker works, ya know? And I have this weird hang up, where it's easier for me to start over than it is for me to work with something already in existence (cf. my constant need to remake characters).

    I also decided I wanted to make a blog that was more generally focused on being a sci-fi nerd. Anyways, I'm still feeling things out. I might just collapse the two blogs together, and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collapsed my WOW blog into this (STO) one not long after I started both. I liked the title of this one better and I gave me the freedom to talk about whatever. I think it's better in the long run to have a single blog, but that's just me. I know others who separate their MMOing from more literary and general interest blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, it's a very good point. I was thinking of simply mothballing my old Warpcore Breach blog, and making the new one about any old subject I wanted, including STO -- and very, very soon, STO.

    Anyways, I've already started writing up some new "Ships of the Line" pieces, which are my absolute favorite, so keep your eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete