Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Blaugust the Fifth: Gracie's Liebster

I'm totally cheating here. Gracie over at Moonshine Mansion (also of Aggrochat fame) got Liebstered, and I stole her questions:

Why do you blog?
To see my pretty words on the page! No really, why does anyone blog? If I didn't want to share my thoughts and feel that they worth reading, I could have a personal journal. Having said that, I sometimes wish I felt more free to discuss political issues, etc., outside the gaming sphere. But that would probably only lead to higher blood pressure. 

What was your favorite childhood cartoon show?
It's been a long time, I grew in the days when cartoons were for Saturday mornings, and many of those were reruns of classic animated shorts (Bug Bunny), or TV shows from the 50s and 60s (Flintstones). I guess I would have to say the original Scooby Doo Mysteries, which were in rerun when I was a kid.

Fantasy or Sci-Fi?
I refuse to make that choice, both are awesome. Though I suppose I would lean more fantasy simply because most of the sci-fi I read or watch is not "hard" sci-fi. It just has stories set in space (Firefly, Star Wars, Star Trek).

What’s the most amazing place you’ve ever been?
Angels Landing in Zion's Canyon National Park, Utah (Neither the picture nor the link is mine): a platform less than half the size of a basketball court, 1,488 feet (454 m) above the canyon floor. I hiked the 1700-foot, 2.5-mile trail in 1998 when I was in college.

Pizza: Chicago or New York?
New York, I guess? I do love thin crust, and I'm not sure I could pick out a Chicago style pizza in a line-up.

If you could only pick one game genre to play for the rest of your life, what would it be?
MMORPG. It's pretty much the only genre I play now anyway.

What inspired your character name?
Which one? lol I actually draw inspiration for almost all my character names from plants, using either common names combined with another word (like "Rowanblaze" or "Oakheart") or using the scientific taxonomy (like "Achillea" or "Morrenia"). My first major in college was horticulture/landscape design.

What is your greatest gaming moment or achievement?
There are so many great gaming moments. As far as achievements—which is a separate thing I think—I'd have to say getting my violet protodrake in WoW.

Do you share your love of games with your real-world friends and family, or keep it to the internet?
Yes and no. If you've read this space for any length of time, you know I game almost daily with my beloved bride, Scooter. I have played some games in the past with my daughters, but we never had enough computers that could handle the MMOs I played. My extended family that I grew up in is only vaguely aware of my hobby, and I don't think they know I blog about it. I am Rowan Blaze on Twitter and G+, hangin' out with my gamer friends. I don't publicize much on Facebook, using my RLID.

Have you ever had a really weird pet?
I don't think so. We had a rabbit for a long time, that's about as exotic as it's gotten.

What is your favorite type of environment/biome in-game and IRL?
In both games and RL, alpine forests are my favorite biome. I love the Grizzly Hills from Wrath of the Lich King and the Sierra Nevada and Rocky Mountains in the U.S. One place I'd love to visit someday is Switzerland, for the spectacular views.

I'm not going to call anyone out on this Liebster thing, having done a round earlier this year. But if you're looking for inspiration for a post this month, these questions are a great place to start.
~~~~~~~~
If you're interested in joining the madness (Vloggers are welcome, too!), Belghast has a set of rules for qualifying for any prizes at the end. Your second stop should be the Blaugust Nook, where Bel is keeping track of everything and community members are sharing encouragement and ideas.
~~~~~~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were inspired by these, I enjoyed reading your responses. I went to Zion national park a few years ago and it was amazing, but I never made it up to that vista myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly not sure I could do it today. I'd have to train up first, and lose a few (dozen) pounds.

      Delete
    2. Even I have been to Zion nation park!! :D

      Delete
  2. Heh. I saw the top half of the pic and went "Zion's National Park." Simply gorgeous rocks there.

    ReplyDelete