Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blowing Out the Candle on Blaugust

And so, dear friends, once more into the breach. 'Tis Blaugust the Thirty-first, and many of us are preparing for a much needed rest from our Labors. With the exception of perhaps one or two more folks, I believe it falls to me to turn out the light on this festival of ideas. This whirlwind of words, as your humble interlocutor put it way back on Blaugust the First.
It's been a great month, where we commiserated on the torture that mean ol' Belghast was putting us through, dangling rewards at us. We patted each other on the back for our cleverness and shared writing prompts to help get the words flowing. Luckily, there were at least two questionnaires that we could grab and run with. And learn about each other.

And that's what it's about in the end: getting to know each other and strengthening our community. I have often argued that gamers are not a community, but I do think gaming bloggers can be. We're just a little more passionate about our interests than mere gamers. And believing that perhaps what is true for us in our hearts is true for all, we share our thoughts and passions and pain. And hopefully, the world is better for it.

Thank you, my fellow Aggronites, my Spirits of Blaugust! "We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your 31 posts.

    I think many people had their own hurdles to overcome and goals that they wanted to reach as part of Blaugust.
    As you say the community has expanded, supported and encouraged each other, ultimately it feels that little more familiar as we have endured a challenge together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a challenge shared is a bond formed. I'm I got to know at least a few people better.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations :) we did it yay!! Now bring on the next one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always looking for another challenge. :) Congo-Rats to you!

      Delete
  3. Good job w/blogging this month. I honestly had forgotten there were prizes involved...I just joined up on the first of the month, and wrote 'cause I guess I felt like writing. Wasn't sure I'd be able to go for 31 days, but I guess it worked out, heh.

    The prompts were definitely helpful at the beginning as I was getting a handle on a daily post. Eventually, it became a little easier to come up with a topic on my own, by some means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I used Bel's prompts once, maybe twice. I got a few ideas from other people's posts, but mostly just typed up my gaming- or blogging-related thoughts at the end of the day. Gratz on finishing out the month.

      Delete